Farm & Food Care PEI is governed by a 10-member steering committee consisting of representatives from two commodity groups; the Department of Agriculture and Fisheries; the Department of Communities, Land and Environment; the PEI Agriculture Awareness Committee; two food processors; one board member from the Canadian Centre for Food Integrity; one PEI farmer; and one food retailer. The committee provides strategic direction for developing initiatives that strengthen the connection between people and their food.
Farm & Food Care PEI Steering Committee:
- Jamie MacPhail – Corporate Secretary & Communications Coordinator, ADL
- Greg Donald – General Manager, PEI Potato Board
- TBA – Deputy Minister, Department of Environment, Water, and Climate Change
- Bernadette Forrester – PEI Agriculture Awareness Committee
- TBA – Deputy Minister, Department of Agriculture and Land
- John MacQuarrie – Director of Sustainability, Cavendish Farms
- David Mol – President, PEIFA, FFCSC Chair
- Steve Read – Local Business Development Manager, Sobeys Atlantic
- TBA – Canadian Centre for Food Integrity Board Member
- Doug Thompson – General Manager, Dairy Farmers of PEI
- Santina Beaton – Farm & Food Care PEI Coordinators
- Carleigh MacLeod - Farm & Food Care Event Planner Summer Student
Farm & Food Care PEI is a program of the PEI Federation of Agriculture and is supported by the PEI Department of Agriculture and Fisheries.